KW HLS (Hydraulic Lift System)
The HLS provides additional road clearance for lowered vehicles. When expanded, a range of up to 45 mm of lift is produced, thereby helping sport cars avoid road clearance difficulties such as speed bumps, road construction, etc. KW HLS is available as vehicle specific solution or individual conversion kit depending on the car model.
HLS is available in two different versions: HLS 2 which is fitted to the front axle and HLS 4 which can be attached to the front and rear axle and allows lifting the entire vehicle. The hydraulic cylinder unit is located on the coilover body between spring perch and spring. The advantage of a hydraulic system is that there is no compression (motion) of the extended cylinder unit (resulting in no unwanted additional suspension movement) while driving.
- Allows cars with low ground clearance to clear obstacles more easily
- Available as complete kit including KW coilover kit or as conversion kit
- Can be activated from inside the vehicle via a LED position control switch or
by an optional remote, thereby eliminating any need for interior wiring.
- Can be activated while driving (up to 80 km/h)
- Fast lifting – maximum lift occurs within 4-5 seconds when using HLS 2
- High-quality cylinder unit with durable aluminium construction
- Sealed unit for corrosion and dirt resistance
Depending on the car type and model, KW HLS is either available as a vehicle-specific solution or as a conversion kit for KW or OEM coilover kits existing of springs, adaptions, hydraulic cylinder and control unit.
HLS Individual – For all lowered vehicles
For extremely lowered sport compacts or other sports cars, there is a universal kit available. Not only reserved for high-end sports cars, KW HLS Individual can also be used for other popular automobiles, e.g. Audi A4, Vauxhall Astra, Subaru Impreza, Nissan 370Z, Volkswagen Golf mk2. KW HLS Individual is fitted in combination with a coilover suspension.
KW HLS Individual – product information 2009
Please pay attention on reference No.66:
With TÜV test report to present for homologation according to § 21